Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access (CATEA)
Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Architecture
490 Tenth Street, NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0156
Phone 404-894-4960 (V/TTY)
To contact specific CATEA staff members, please see our Staff Directory.
Walking/By Campus Transport
CATEA is located in a former church building at the corner of Hemphill Ave. and 10th St. The Green route of the Stinger bus system stops across Hemphill Ave. from CATEA approximately every 15 minutes, M-F 7:15 AM through 6:00 PM, and every 20 minutes through 9:00 PM. The CATEA building is equipped with a wheelchair accessible entrance facing 10th St.
Parking at CATEA is limited. Please contact us before your visit at 404-894-4960 (v/tty) and make arrangements for parking. Accessible parking is available in the lot adjacent to our building, facing Hemphill Avenue. Parking passes may be available but are not transferable and valid only for the dates noted on the pass.
We are part of the Georgia Tech campus, but are located in a former church building.
Traveling Northbound on I-75/85
- Take the 10th/14th Street exit (Exit 250).
- Turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto 10th Street.
- Travel down Tenth Street for about six blocks. You will pass through four traffic signals before arriving at the traffic signal Hemphill Ave.
- Turn left onto Hemphill Avenue and take an immediate left into the CATEA parking lot
Traveling Southbound on I-75/85
- Exit at the combined 17th/14th/10th St. ramp. Follow the signs to reach 10th street west (right lane).
- Follow 10th St. approximately 1/2 mile to the traffic signal at Hemphill Ave. CATEA is the red brick, former church building on your right.
- Turn left at Hemphill and make an immediate left into the CATEA parking lot. Secondary parking is located behind the building. To reach the secondary lot, you must return to Hemphill, turn right onto 10th St., then make an immediate right turn into the parking lot entrance (this lot is gravel-paved and not as accessible as our main lot).